Sunday, May 28, 2006

Brain ticking over and Akscyn's law.....

Have been working hard the last few days and it would appear that however well prepared you are, something always comes alongs and bites you in the back or your foot or your armpit- somewhere unexpected.

Hypertext systems should take about 1/4 second to move from one place to another. If the delay is longer, people may be distracted; if the delay is much longer, people will stop using the system. If the delay is much shorter, people may not realize that the display has changed
As you can see there is a fine line- a very fine line..............................

DESIGN
:Back to the design a few more problems have come along. It all takes far to long to load. At this late stage there is very little I can do, however this is something which I have to address on my next project. Another problem which has presented itself- which I was aware of but have been ignoring is that there is simply too much text on each page. If we go back and look at my navigation structure you can vagly see that there are 6 sections to each narrative strand- anymore and the text doesn't corralate. This is fine for some of the strands but others have got two pages worth of text that all have to fit on a page. As I have mentioned was going to have text coming up as the reader reads but I didn't really want to have to include this. I can read much quicker then these techniques ever cater for and on the other side of the coin some people might not be even to read a really slow driven one. I came a cross a wonderful website for which I can't find now in which it went completly on how you clicked ie sometimes people are quite clicking mad and click adhock, other people are more restrained. Sorry that goes off the point... The point is maybe you could click on the text to get to the next part of text?????????? This is making it more complicated though for the reader to get there heads around??? Would you need to be able to navigate back on yourself? I didn't want this to happen.... Might have to do the text appearing thing damn really didn't want to do that..... more later on this subject when its done.

No comments: